Demonstrate a multi-tool milling process to machine a corner cube array and automotive reflector applications
Freeform 4-Axis XYZC milling with HSK25 Quick Change Tooling System. The tools required to complete the machining process are mounted in individual tool holders. The balance quality and run-out of the tool holders allow them to be changed without having to redo the tool setting process.
• Material: Aluminum
• Four carbide ball-end mills ranging
from 0.3 to 0.75 mm in radius to
progressively deepen the corner
• One 0.3 mm radius diamond ball-end mill
• Spindle Speed: Four roughing passes
16,000 - 50,000 rpm (increasing each step)
One finishing pass at 60,000 rpm
• Feed Rate: 200 mm/min
• Four roughing passes 800 min.
Total 2170 min.
• Optical quality surface and sharp corners